Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My neighbours dog died yesterday. the vet told the owner…

Customer Question
My neighbours dog died...

My neighbours dog died yesterday . the vet told the owner about a week ago that he had an infection in his testicles. he became quite ill and not very responsive . The vet just put him on Antibiotics

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

But the last couple of days his testicles swelled up like a large ball. After he past away from a seizure, the vet told her that the dog was bruised internally. What could have caused this. trauma or an infection?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

I think he was a bull Mastiff. one of those dogs that men Like. But he was absolutely beautiful. We noticed that he had lost some wight after we came back from a holiday.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian
I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbor's dog. It sounds to me like he had an infection that started in his prostrate and likely spread to his testicles and into his blood stream, causing sepsis. One consequence of sepsis is impaired blood clotting and tendency to bleed. I think that because of this, he had some broken blood vessels internally.
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian