Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dachshund was prescribed Robaxin and Rimadyl for a pulled…

My dachshund was prescribed...

My dachshund was prescribed Robaxin and Rimadyl for a pulled neck muscle. 1/4 tablet of 500mg Robaxin and 1/2 tablet 25mg Rimadyl

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

We misread the directions and gave him both the whole tablets. He doesn't have any symptoms of overdose but should I be concerned?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

It was a twice a day situation and he had two and a half days worth of medicine, so three tablets of each.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

No nothing. In fact, he's acting like his old self. No yelping or pain like before we took him in.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

He's about 16lbs if that helps

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, doubling on the dose is not going to be toxic. What you need to do is give the next dose of Rimadyl 24 hours after the last dose and 12 hours after the last Robaxin dose. Continue on the dose that your vet initially recommended; he will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much! Is the Robaxin okay too? We quadrupled it.

Yes, it is okay.

You're welcome. :)

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian