Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My yorkie is 5yrs old the last two days he is very shakie…

My yorkie is 5yrs...

My yorkie is 5yrs old the last two days he is very shakie not eating or going to bathroom this happened 6 months ago and it was constipation is there something i can give him to help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Yorkie's name?

Mac

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mac?

He like dog goodies

3/12/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry you're going through this with your dog. If he is getting constipated, you can give him 1/4 of a tablespoon of Miralax every 12 hours on his food to help him go. You can also give Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days. It is an antacid that can help with his inappetence. I would feed boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help when they are having GI upset from the constipation. You can also syringe feed some Pedialyte to help with hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help with appetite if the chicken and rice isn't appetizing. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Schmidt