Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Poop is stuck half way out of my dogs anus.. does he need to…

Customer Question
Poop is stuck half...

Poop is stuck half way out of my dogs anus.. does he need to see a vet or can I keep trying to remove it myself?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Thank you so much. His name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Simba?

Not that I can think of. I got the hair detached from the exterior of the mass of stool, but half of it is still stuck halfway out. The stool is moist so its not constipation but it seems like it is two masses of stool bunched together making his hole a huge opening with the half of the mass left sticking out

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/12/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, this is something that you can do at home; the easiest way of doing it is getting him in the bathtub and removing the feces with warm water. If the feces was entangled with the hair around the anus I would have him groomed to trim the hair around the anal sphincter.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter