Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 1 and 1/2 year old Boxer named. I think he ate some…

I have a 1...

I have a 1 and 1/2 year old Boxer named Sam. I think he ate some of my cassets kitty with some cat poop. he really had me worried but seems to b acting better what should I do?

3/12/2018
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

An offer for a phone consultation usually will come up a few minutes after starting the chat, please note that it is not from me, it is automatically generated by the site. I am not always able to do phone consultations, but I can always continue chatting with you here.

I'm sorry you're having some issues with Sam - for your question I'm wondering if part of it autocorrected where it says, "I think he ate some of my cassets kitty with some cat poop" - I'm not sure what Cassets kitty is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

Cat poop is pretty gross of course, but shockingly dogs love it because a lot of fat comes through with it. It generally does not cause any problems for stomach upset or vomiting.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just keep eye on him, and if no vomiting or diarrhea he should b fine?

If he ate something else (still not sure what the 'cassets kitty' is), there is potential for stomach upset or worse, though if he is acting pretty normal then it may be ok to just watch him for tonight. If he stopped eating, or developed vomiting or diarrhea overnight or in the next few days, it would be best to check in with your regular vet.

Most of the time if something is going to be a problem, we will usually see those signs within 24-48 hours. But dogs have pretty tough stomachs for a lot of things :)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry he ate some self clumping kitty liter with cat poop.

Ahhhhh got it! No, not very likely to cause an issue especially with being a bigger dog.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you so much Dr.Beth.

Still good to try to keep the box scooped frequently to keep kitty happy and less undesirable snacks for Sam, sometimes can help to move the litter box behind something or elevate it where kitty can jump up to but out of reach for the dog. It can be a challenge though!

Glad to help, If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask-

If the information I've provided has been helpful, I hope you'll take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking on the star rating system (or if you are not seeing the stars you can leave a written rating of 1-5, 5 being great service). Until you issue a rating of 3 or better, the website will not compensate me for helping you, and taking the time to answer these questions helps me to support my family - this is included in your question fee. You'll still be able to chat with me even after giving a rating, at no further charge on this thread. My goal is to give you 5 star service - keep in mind you are rating only my help, not response time or any site or interface issues you might have. It is valuable feedback for me and for other pet owners as they seek help for their pets. Bonuses are never expected but always much appreciated!

If you'd like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: https://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drbethg/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you are 5 star service thank you

My pleasure, best of luck to you and Sam!

Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian