Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My English bulldog just projectile pooped like crazy and she…

Customer Question
My English bulldog just...

My English bulldog just projectile pooped like crazy and she was dry heaving. Do you think she may have bit the inside of her mouth in the process?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Millie, she is still a puppy, she's around 15 weeks old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Millie?

I feel like she ate her food to quickly and started to cough and thats when The poop started coming. I also know she has drank water from the outside. She has finally calmed down but blood is still coming out of her mouth.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Joey, Board Certified replied 1 month ago
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for asking your question and trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 18 years of experience.

If she bit her tongue or cheek you should see blood that might last for a few minutes or have some saliva-tinged blood but then it should return to normal. It always looks far worse than it is because the blood mixes with saliva. So, is absolutely fine to monitor for 10 to 20 minutes to see if it persists. Try your best to see if you can see where she might have bitten herself. If the blood continues and is profuse then she may need to be seen tonight.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian