Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Accidental licking of colgate. Dog. Shes ok now just

Accidental licking of colgate ...

Accidental licking of colgate

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

Dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Shes ok now just snezing

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

No she just lick a little of it

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

No she appear normal

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the dog eating normally?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is the dog having trouble peeing or pooing?

No not of I know of now

Veterinarian's Assistant: How is the dog behaving differently?

A little sneezing

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Coco 5 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Coco

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coco?

Shes a Chihuahua no major health issue

3/11/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Thankfully, there's nothing in that toothpaste in enough concentration to intoxicate a dog and so there's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Why Coco is sneezing is unclear to me but perhaps a bit of toothpaste entered her nose. This wouldn't need to be addressed. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you doctor, she appear normal just taking step just in case

You're quite welcome. Coco will remain safe. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

DocPaul
Phone call session started

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian