Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Buttercup fine going to bed after an active running evening…

Customer Question
Buttercup fine going to...

Buttercup fine going to bed after an active running evening in yard.... Woke up this morning does not want to drink from bowl only cupped hands... And wants to lay down... Thought at first Muscle pull not making pain sounds but has deeper breathing

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Peed once not since... 10 am

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When she was playing fetch she tripped over a root last night. There is palpable tightness in her hip area both sides, right worse than left. She does not help or flinch when you touch her anywhere, but breathing changes when you rub around hips.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yelp not help
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She just drank 3 oz water via syringe
3/12/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What breed of dog is Buttercup?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Is she on any medication at this time?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We had to put her down an hour ago due to a ruptured tumor. Heartbreaking.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian