Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a two year old Staffordshire terrier who developed a…

I have a two...

I have a two year old Staffordshire bull terrier who developed a red mark on her muzzle. It looked like she lost a wisker. Today it has formed a red, cyst- like bump. It is not a tick, but not sure how to treat it. We moved to another state and don't have a vet in town yet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

On her muzzle- left side

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

She has a red mark where it looks like a wisker used to be

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the dog eating normally?

The red mark has turned into a cyst

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the dog having trouble peeing or pooing?

She has no major symptoms. She is eating, drinking and voiding properly

Veterinarian's Assistant: How is the dog behaving differently?

She is scratching her face more

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Remy. Two year old Staffordshire bull terrier

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Remy?

Two

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Remy?

No. She is a pre

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me a photo of the mark?

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Phone call session started

Thanks for chatting

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian