Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My shetland sheepdog ate two tea candles from the trash,

My shetland sheepdog ate...

My shetland sheepdog ate two tea candles from the trash, plain unscented. should i be worried?

3/11/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

When did this happen?
Any metal or plastic?

Paul

This just happened, there was a metal disc at the bottom the wick was attached to, not sure if she ate those two pieces or not. The metal disc is like a centimeter or two long?
It's a centimeter long I just checked it. I'm fine with typing thanks!

Thanks

NO need for call- I agree- stupid BOTS

Okay I am not too panicked

Believe it or not this happens a LOT

Do you have any canned pumpkin at home?

Paul

Ha really? Candles are so unappetizing! I don't but I can run to the store. She seems fine and is running around like a nut.

Great

Lets give two tablespoons of canned pumpkin with each meal for the next few days

That will coat the metal and push it through

Monitor for vomiting, abdominal pain and no stool

Okay?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
OK perfect! Thank you for your help! One last question, one of her favorite toys is a stuffed lamb that's about 3/4 as big as she is. She loves to grab it and swing it around and growl...could a toy too big hurt her little neck? She's 9 months old.

Very welcome

Dont think that toy will be an issue

Paul