Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We had xrays done friday and found that he has a calified…

We had xrays done...

We had xrays done friday and found that he has a calified vertebrea in his neck...since then he doesn't want to drink water or eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Copper - 8 year sold

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Copper

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Copper. I'm so sorry you are having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in ,what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In the meantime, in order to help me help you better, I'll need some more information. To start with, can you please tell me:

• What symptoms was Copper showing before Friday that made you take him in?
  • Did they start him on any treatment Friday?
  • What is your question for me, please?

I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.

I'm asking because I'm worried that some types of medications prescribed to help with pain can cause appetite loss, and sometimes serious upset stomach side effects.

An additional concern is that your dog's condition is bad enough that he's too painful to feel like eating or drinking.

In either case, it's important to stop any medication you're giving (in case that's the problem) and seek emergency care.

In addition, to help you have the information you need, here is an article about IVDD - or what happens when a disc in the vertebrae calcifies...

https://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=3223

Please let me know what other information you are looking for. I want to do all I can to help.

I do hope this information was helpful to you. If you are not satisfied with the information I've provided so far, please reply and let me know what else you are looking for. Your satisfaction and the well-being of your cdog are my goals.

If that's it for now, please do take a moment to rate my response with 5 STARS so I may receive credit for chatting with you today.Thank you for using our website.

Just checking in to ask about Copper. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thank you,

Dr. Jo

We r all set thanks

You're welcome. I wanted to make sure I answered your questions to your satisfaction. You're in such a difficult situation with your dog.

If that truly is it for now, please take a moment to rate my response so I may receive credit for helping you.

I'll be hopeful things start to go better for Copper soon.

Thank you for using our website.

Just checking in to ask how Copper is doing today. Are things any better for him yet?

Thank you,

Dr. Jo

Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Jo