Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She was shaking, doesn't want to eat or drink and laying…

She was shaking, doesn't...

She was shaking, doesn't want to eat or drink and laying down. shes a very active dog and usually stays by my side, now all she wants to do is lay down alone:(

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Gesse. shes 6 a maltese terrier mix

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Shed current on her shots and as I said just not herself. Not wanting to play eat or drink

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Gesse. Is she eating and drinking?

If you lift her lip to check her gums, are they pink in color?

let me go see

She sounds like she may be painful. Do you have any pain medication previously prescribed for her?

no meds for her

How did her gums look?

hello

You can try baby or low dose aspirin, but it is best to give it with food. How much does she weigh? Will she take any food at all?

It is important for me to know if her gums look pink or pale before I recommend anything.

looked pink
she wont put anything in her mouth
she weighs 14lbs

She could take 1/2 to 1 baby or low dose aspirin, but taken on an empty stomach might make her vomit.

Is there a veterinary clinic open near you? It would be best for her to get medication meant for dogs.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
ok thank you

Thanks for the good rating; please let me know how she is doing.