Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has been acting out of the ordinary for some time 2-3…

Hi my dog has...

Hi my dog has been acting out of the ordinary for some time 2-3 days. I didn’t think much of it since she’s rather old and tired, but today she seems rather lethargic and I can see something is wrong. I tired feeding her and giving her water but she rejects both. I also noticed that every time I try picking her up she lets out a cry of pain hitting that her leg hurts. Can you help me figure out what to do or what she may have?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?

My dog’s name is precious

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Precious?

No I don’t think so she does seem more tired she can barely walk and doesn’t want to be held.

3/11/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Regretfully, Precious's signs are very important - particularly at her advanced age - but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Most important, she doesn't have the reserve of a much younger dog and so time is of the essence in having her vet attend to her at your earliest convenience. An anorexic dog that can barely walk is a critically ill dog. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Salkin,
Thank you for replying to my question and informing me with this important information, I truly appreciate it. I’ll definitely try to get hold of my dog’s veterinarian and have them look at her. Once again thank you.

You're quite welcome. I'm pleased to hear that Precious will be attended to by her vet promptly. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Okay will do. Thank you

It's my pleasure. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?