Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 4 year old chocolate lab. When we came home this…

Customer Question
I have a 4...

I have a 4 year old chocolate lab. When we came home this after noon he had trouble walking. He would walk a couple steps and the. Stop and sit. We tried to just leave him alone. And he eventually made it too the bed. He got off the bed to go pee. He made it outside. But right after he sat. When he finally walked back inside he made it two steps and then couldn’t go any further. He sat again and I heard a pop. To prevent him from trying to creep and move back to the bedroom I am laying on the floor with him. I can’t get him to a vet until Monday. What can I do/give him?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the lab. What is the lab's name and age?

He only moves by sliding and going a couple steps at a time. Every time he tries I hear a pop

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the lab?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/11/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Any history of a trauma or fall?

What leg are you hearing the pop from? Is he limping on it?

If you feel up and down the leg, any swellings, tender spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint?

Any change to his breathing or paling of his gums?