Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Always on a Saturday! It's been a rough few hours. Gus, our…

Customer Question
Always on a Saturday...

Always on a Saturday! It's been a rough few hours. Gus, our 156 lb bulldog mix came stumbling into the den this afternoon His right front paw was clenched and he was having difficulty to not slip on the wood floor. We moved him to a rug in the kitchen to help him stand. His breathing was short and rapid, gums and inside cheeks were white, and his tongue bright red. We supported him until he laid down. Eventually his breathing slowed and his cheeks resumed their normal pink color and he slept for about three hours. We monitored him the entire time.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he's about 7 years old. He has had a rough life until we rescued him. His history may give some insight.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Gus?

7

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gus?

Gus is white and when we found him he was horribly scars from being repeated sunburned. His vet removed five skin tumors, one the size of a marble. She said their is evidence of HSA on his right flank. He is immune to oral antibiotics and has an ongoing staff infection on his skin. He is also Heart worm positive.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/11/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Gus, please? You appear to have described a complex partial seizure (also called psychomotor seizure).

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian