Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 23 pound schnoodle possibly ate 5 or 6 of the mini reeses

Hi my 23 pound schnoodle possibly ate 5 or 6 of the mini reeses cups including the foil wrappers. I am expecting that this is a minor quantity and that she wont see much effect but am asking on behalf of my concerned daughter.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: there are no symptoms yet and it was probably a couple hours ago. This dog digs used to dig in the household trash before we put lids on everything and has passed all maner of small amounts of paper, plastic, foil and even sanitary napkins.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Was this dark or milk chocolate?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the reeses are peanut butter and milk chocolate. probably 3-4 ounces total of 50% milk chocolate
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
texting is fine at this point

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

Friend, as far as the chocolate this amount will not be systemically toxic or life threatening to a 23 lbs dog. As far as the wrappers change her diet to rice with boiled boneless chicken or ground beef for the next 2-3 days. The idea is for the rice to bind the wrappers and help pass it in the feces.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much for your time! the Rice with chicken once a day or twice a day? She normally eats twice a day...

Feed her on her same schedule, twice a day.

You're welcome. :)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, one last question...Brown rice or white rice?

If she is willing to eat the brown rice that would be better because it has more fiber. But, white works too.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Perfect!! Thank you!!

You're welcome. :)

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter