Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a estimated 8/10 yr old Mexican blue Chihuahua? She…

I have a estimated...

I have a estimated 8/10 yr old Mexican blue Chihuahua? She has something red in color pushing out of her female area.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

She is acting ok, drinking eating and going potty. But she has something starting to push out of her female area about the size of a small human thumb.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

She is acting fine

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

She has something pushing out of her vaginal area

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the dog eating normally?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is the dog having trouble peeing or pooing?

No she is doing her normal routine

Veterinarian's Assistant: How is the dog behaving differently?

She's not. My daughter just happened to see something sticking out of her vaginal area

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious behavior changes. What is the dog's name?

Chloe

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chloe?

No, I need to know is this something that can wait till Mon. Morning till we can get her to her regular vet, or does she need to be seen now?

3/11/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Chloe. Is she spayed?

Can you post a picture of this?

No she is not. I will try to send a pic.what address can I send the pic to? Forgive me I'm pretty computer illiterate.

You would post the picture here, using the paper clip icon above. That is the only way to send me a picture.

If she is not spayed, this could be vaginal hyperplasia, and having her spayed would be recommended.

Another and more serious possibility is that she has a prolapse of her uterus.

Can she urinate normally?

Ok, I can't seem to get the photo to send, talked to my daughter again she said it was about the size of a pea. The photo I have it looks a lot bigger.
she is peeing and eating and pooping normally, she does not act like she is in pain. She does lick it occasionally.

I would have this checked by your veterinarian, and I would consider having her spayed. Good she is able to urinate.

A picture would help. If you post it on the internet, like on Facebook, and send me the link, I could see it.

Ok will try that, thank you for your help.

You are welcome. Please let me know how she is doing.

Kindly consider rating my answer to notify the website I am assisting you; you can always get back to me with questions and updates after rating.​

Will do.

Thank you.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thanks for the great rating.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian