Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Yesterday he was throwing up all morning, but I thought it…

HI! Yesterday he was...

HI! Yesterday he was throwing up all morning, but I thought it was because of these treats my dad had bought. I fed him chicken broth and pepto bismol and he didnt get sick again until today twice, and his tail has been super straight.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Well my dad got these dog treats, which I gave him one the other night and he threw it up first thing in the morning, then he kept throwing up. But, I gave the same kind of treat to my other pug and shes fine.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he will be 9 this year

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Tank?

He is 8

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tank?

Well a few months ago he had what we thought was a mini stroke, he went into like a seizure a few times and it essentially effected his balance and his ability to walk. But that was months ago and hes been fine since, and is walking fine.

3/10/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

When was last time he vomited?

Wants to eat and drink still?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The last time he did was around 2 this afternoon. I fed him a small plain baked potato this morning because he hadn't touched his food at all. He ate it fine, but it didn't stay down. He has tried to eat and only ate a few pieces of dog food then later threw it up as well. He drank water earlier, but nothing since he got sick. He is also a pug that't why I'm concerned especially about his tail being fully straight.

Thanks

I am more concerned because he is 8/9 years old and we have to consider diseases like pancreatitis, metabolic disease and even masses/growths in the abdomen.

Is he still bright and alert or really depressed?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He seems more depressed than usual, when I get up he perks up and even tried bringing his ball to me, but didn't go after it once I threw it. He's been sleeping instead.

Okay

We have some time

Lets give Pepcid AC at 1.0 mg/kg twice daily

NO food tonight

Water, pedialyte and no salt chicken broth to encourage drinking

Update me in the AM

Okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay sounds good thank you so much. :)

You are very welcome

I will look for your update

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian