Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has really runny and sometimes not bowel movements but…

She has really runny...

She has really runny and sometimes not bowel movements but she cries when having them

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Ruby and she is 7 months old She recently had a bad fall from a high place. She managed to get herself up on but could not get down

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ruby?

She seems to walk ok she still jumps up. When I was brushing her I got to her right back side she cried as well

3/10/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. How long has she been having soft bowel movements?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Since yesterday
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This way is fine

And when was her fall?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
About 4 days ago

And does she seem painful today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I keep her in a 2 foot high metal pen and she is going over it at night she will cry then as well
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is favoring her back end

I'm not sure whether her pain and her diarrhea are related.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's what concerns me

Sometimes animals that have something going on (like pain) can have soft bowel movements. I would definitely get her to the vet for some pain medication. It would be a good idea to have her stool checked for things like parasites and bacterial overgrowth, as well.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Her stools were checked when she got her last shots November 8th
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She doesn't go out side a lot

Okay, so hopefully she does not have parasites.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will take her Monday to the Vet as they are closed for the weekend

I think she is stable enough that she can wait until then.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok well she plays really good

That's great. I think she'll be fine.

I would be happy to answer any other questions or concerns you may have.

I will send the rating feature now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's my biggest concern she may have got hurt going over the metal pen

I think that's possible. I'm worried that it was four days ago and she's still hurting.

If she's still hurting on Monday, I would get her in for some pain medication.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Me too is there any kind of pain meds I can give her from home that would be safe
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am thinking maybe an xray

I think that's probably a good idea. There is no pain medication for dogs that is over the counter, unfortunately.

If you think her pain is severe, you could take her to the EC.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks

You're welcome. Good luck with her.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian