Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She always seems to get sick after we've gone to the dog…

Customer Question
Hi, she always seems...

Hi, she always seems to get sick after we've gone to the dog park

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Dry heavy, mostly, and she gets lethargic. Not like the usual exhaustion, she'll sleep for 16 or so hours afterwards

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Lola, she's 3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?

She was diagnosed with Valley Fever about a year ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/10/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. It sounds like going to the dog park takes a lot out of her. Some medical causes of this can be low red blood cells (anemia) or low white blood cells (decreased immune system). I recommend getting some blood work done at the veterinarian to get to the cause of what is going on.