Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 9 yr old min. Poodle mix ate an unknown quantity of

My 9 yr old...

My 9 yr old min. Poodle mix ate an unknown quantity of pistachios this week. She has been vomiting off and on mostly liquid. At first food was in it and today only did. She drinks and urinated but refused food. She is already on Denosyl 225 mg. And hepatic wet and dry food for a hepatic liver. She acts depressed not playful, lying down most of the time. Can't get into my Vet. until Tuesday. Should I take her to the emergency Vet? I was going to withhold food for 24 hrs. I did give her a small amount of Kaopectate at 4am. Only one small nemesis since then.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Cece and about 9 yrs hold

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cece?

I have been unable to get her Denosyl into her except once since Monday. She is on thyroid med. And water pill I think is fureosimide. Usually no problem giving pills in a ball of Royal Canine can food but refused.

3/10/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How many times has she vomited and when was the last time?

Is she still bright and alert?

Able to keep water down?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Multiple times vomiting. Each time she would drink a small belch like dribble would come up and sometimes a projectile type of vomit but with small bits of food. Yesterday 6 times. Today once but has drank water only once at 4am when she puked small amount of water. She responds to name being called right away, but is not up walking around. Eyes looked pained.
Phone call session started
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian