Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a one-year-old French bulldog and I was gone for

Customer Question
I have a one-year-old...

I have a one-year-old French bulldog and I was gone for couple hours and came home there were several piles of vomit in a pile of diarrhea. He’s acting fine and even begging for food. The last pile was the yellow fo***** *****quid

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the French Bulldog eat anything unusual?

Well he was chewing on a rope toy earlier and there was a few pieces of red thread in the vomit but the toy doesn’t look like he ate much

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the French Bulldog's name and age?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the French Bulldog?

Rocker 16 months

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/10/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How is he doing just now?

Can he keep any food or water down?

What did the diarrhea look like?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human medications/drugs, etc)?