Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She was outside, I notice she limping on right front leg.

Customer Question
She was outside, I...

She was outside, I notice she limping on right front leg

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Precious, 2yr

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Precious?

She is German Shepard boxer mix pitbull

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I recently changed her dog food to hepatic canine, could this have anything to do with her limping and not eating?
3/10/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

Any chance of a fall or slip outside?

Is she holding the leg up or dragging it?

If you feel up and down the leg, any swellings, tender spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint?

Any joint swellings or puffiness?

Any gagging or vomiting?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian