Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog found chewing on a small tube of ant bait Thiamethoxam -

Dog found chewing on...

Dog found chewing on a small tube of ant bait Thiamethoxam - .010% i do not think a lot was ingested only the time had been chewed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Mika age 2 Shiba Inu 21lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Mika?

2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mika?

She is 21lbs

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Only the tip of the container had been chewed...
3/10/2018
Heath Wilkerson

Hi Dr. W here. Thiomethoxam has no observable adverse effect level when taken orally. There is nothing to worry about here.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! Please remember to accept my answer, AND RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson