Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 14yr old Chihuahua.. I took him to the vet about…

Customer Question
I have a 14yr...

I have a 14yr old Chihuahua.. I took him to the vet about 2yrs ago because he had blood in his stool.. she advised it was probabbly just his diet & not too worry.. so he had it on & off over the last 2 yrs.. I have noticed that he is now bleeding more red colour blood & every time he poos... other than this his very healthy and happy , still running around & eating.. what could it be & what should I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

He has very bad teeth and bad bread but due to his age I'm scared to put him under

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/10/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Sarah Snow,
 replied 4 months ago
Sarah Snow

I am Dr. Snow, and I can try and help you. Is he neutered? Did your veterinarian do a rectal exam on him?