Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy hurt her leg. I think it is her elbow or shoulder.

She won t put weight...
My puppy hurt her leg. I think it is her elbow or shoulder. She won t put weight on it and drags her paw
3/10/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm so sorry to hear that your puppy got hurt. When did you notice she was hurt?

About 2 mos ago

So she has not been putting any weight on her leg for 2 months?

Not really, she's putting a little weight on it now, and get along fine, but her leg is still hurt

I'm sorry to hear she has been in pain for such a long time. It's time to get her to the vet for an exam, pain meds, and an x-ray.

I would have taken her already but can't afford it, do you know if there are indigent svcs available

I would call around to different animal shelters in your area and ask them for low-cost treatment options. They may either be able to provided you discounted care themselves, or know of some animal organizations that provide those kinds of services.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian
Okay thanks

You're welcome. Good luck with her.