Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I'm having problems with my 3 & a half month old puppy

Customer Question
I'm having problems with...

I'm having problems with my 3 & a half month old puppy peeing a lot I mean a lot in the house outside the house he is trying to become housebroken but he pees so much?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

The dog's name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Christmas?

We did have him vaccinated and starting him on warmer for the past few weeks his diet has not changed but there's something irregular about his peeing so much for such a young dog the quantity

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. Can you please tell me what kind of dog Christmas is?

We are not sure. He was left at our door at approximately 6 weeks old. We think is may be shepherd and maybe American bulldog

Whenever a dog starts to urinate more than normal, the first thing to do is to have your vet a urinalysis to check for a urinary tract infection. They may also want to do some blood work to figure out what is going on. If the blood work and urinalysis are normal, then you know that this is likely a behavioral/house training issue. But you want to make sure there isn't a medical problem that is causing him to urinate more.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Rachel