Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I got disconnected. Im calling about my pom. I have a 3 year…

Customer Question
I got disconnected. Im...

I got disconnected. Im calling about my pom

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

I have a 3 year old Pomeranian who had pups 8 weeks ago I noticed that she was getting her butt on the floor. I got her some worm medicine from Petco. She has been just wanting to sleep he won't eat or drink and I'm just concerned the only other thing I noticed was she does a lot of little twitching what can I do please

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

She'll get up and take watch and stuff but you just won't eat she's not playful she just wants to lay around

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm very sorry to hear that your dog isn't eating and is lethargic. It sounds like it's been going on for quite a while now, and because of that, I can't really offer any treatment suggestions you can do at home. My main concern in a dog that recently had puppies and is now not doing well is a uterus infection, also known as a pyometra. This can be fatal. I recommend getting her in to the vet as soon as possible for an exam. They will want to do blood work and probably abdominal x-rays.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Her puppies have been gone for about a month and a half she was fine until a couple days ago when she was dragging her butt on the floor which tells me she had worms from the pups

Okay, is she still dragging her butt on the floor?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just started worm medicine yesturday. When she is awake she just sits up and looks around. Confused look. She answers and comes when i call her.

And how long has it been since she ate last?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
About oh i say a day. She wouldnt even eat a rib bone.

Since she is not spayed I am still worried about the cause of her signs being due to a pyometra. She should have at least an exam at the vet.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok what does it cost to see a vet

Different clinics charge different prices for an exam. I would call a few different places and see what they say.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian