Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is a yorky, 1 yr. old and Zi accidentally dropped a

She is a yorky...

She is a yorky , 1 yr. old and Zi accidentally dropped a piece of chocolate brownie on the floor and she grabbed it up....

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Nothing right now....I am afraid...., because I’ve always known....you are not suppose to feed a dog chocolate... Thank you!

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Lana....born March 1st 2017

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lana?

No, she I’d up to date on all her shots, etc....

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay

Don't give it a second thought. There's isn't enough theobromine in the cocoa in that piece of brownie to intoxicate Lana. It takes 1/16 ounce of pure cocoa per pound of body weight to do so and that much wasn't present in the piece. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank You....I love this dog, I paid a lot of money for her....and she is such a joy to have around.....I take good care of her....if anything happened to her....Well, you know...

You're quite welcome. Lana had a nice snack and will remain safe. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian