Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He just got some fire ant bites. He has a porto-systemic…

Customer Question
He just got some...

He just got some fire ant bites. He has a porto-systemic shunt since birth, and ther

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Hondo, age 14 1/2 months. He's been feeling low even before that.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hondo?

He has pododermatitis, was getting cephalexin, but due to upset tummy, he is off that.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Hondo was bitten by fire ants. What signs is he showing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian