Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He ate some dog poop and hasnt moved off of the couch in 4…

He ate some dog...

He ate some dog poop and hasnt moved off of the couch in 4 houirs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Zues he is about a year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Zues

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zues?

He does have tape worms we are trreating him for

3/9/2018
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Thank you for your question about Zues. Before he laid down on the couch, was he acting normal? Did he eat ok today? Has he had any vomiting? Is he looking comfortable while laying there?

No he hasnt ate he wont go outside he hasnt vomited he does look comfortable when he raised his head he started twitching

Could he have gotten into anything in the house / outside? Any chemicals, medications, etc..? If he's laying there and really not wanting to get up, then the concern definitely arises that this isn't just him resting hard / recouping from playing hard. Eating the other fecal material shouldn't have played a role in this.

No, no chemicals around the house

If you take him a favorite treat right now, will he eat it? If you stand him up, can he walk pretty normally?

He wont even eat his dog food tried to get him to go outside wouldnt move

Ok. This is something that definitely gets my attention. For a little one like this to be acting like this, the concern is high that he's gotten into something to set this off. Sometimes it can be readily identified and other times it can't. What I would recommend is getting him to your vet so they can evaluate him (get vitals and see what a physical exam shows) and then most likely do some testing based on that. At home, you're very limited in what can be done. There, all you really have is time and letting him rest on the couch.

Ok thanks

I'm hoping for the best for this little guy!

Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian