Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 6 year old Doberman female. We have only had her for 2…

Customer Question
My 6 year old...

My 6 year old Doberman female. We have only had her for 2 years. It was obvious from the beginning that she is a dog with extreme anxiety issues. We have done extensive behavior modification training.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

She has escalated to extreme vomiting and diarrhea for the past 6 weeks. Labs and xrays are normal. In the past 2 years, we have tried her on various prescribed anti anxiety medications. 3 days ago our vet started her on Trazadone. It seemed as if it was helping with her anxiety, but now she has the worst diarrhea of all time. If this is in fact a side affect, will it subside?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

NO, she is never left alone, as we work from home. always with her outside.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Gracie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gracie?

Well, I have been feeding her Prescription Science Diet I/D for the past few weeks to help with her stomach. 2 days ago, I started her on home made ground turkey and rice. She has also been prescribed an anti nausea medication and another RX that helps with the motility of food in her system. I have also been giving her Pepcid 2X daily

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 4 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

What are her anxiety triggers?

Can you explain what behavior modification techniques you have been using? The more detail the better?

I'm assuming she has been tested for protozoan infections and parasites since this started?

Have you checked to be sure her dog foods have not been recalled?

Has she been on any antibiotics?

Has she had any allergy testing done?

Hi again,

I noticed that you have not responded to my request for more information. Perhaps you deleted it in error or it went to your junk folder and you missed it. Here is the information request again.

Hi JaCustomer, Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.What are her anxiety triggers?Can you explain what behavior modification techniques you have been using? The more detail the better?I'm assuming she has been tested for protozoan infections and parasites since this started?Have you checked to be sure her dog foods have not been recalled?Has she been on any antibiotics?Has she had any allergy testing done?