Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Itchy bump on backside. Her is always scratchy and that

Customer Question
Itchy bump on backside ...

Itchy bump on backside

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Her butt is always scratchy and that particular bump is incredibly uncomfortable for her. We worm her and have her glands expressed regularly

Veterinarian's Assistant: There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Draca, pug, and 8

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Draca?

We is on a grain diet and eats it with pumpkin each day (natural pumpkin. Not the baking kind)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I can get a clearer one if you would like
She is one a grain diet
She is on a grain diet. Sorry for the misspellings
She eats dog food with grain in it is what I mean
3/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Is the "bump" the circular slightly erythematous (reddened) area in the center of the photo?