Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog got into the trash while I took my daughter to

My dog got into...

My dog got into the trash while I took my daughter to school. 15 min tops

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

Well I didn't know what she got I into. I looked and saw shredded paper, a chewed up glue stick and foil.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

It smelled of fish and I don't use aluminum foil often so I'm thinking it was foil that had fish on it or pizza.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Meki, she's 3 almost 4 in June.

3/9/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry Meki was naughty. Hopefully, the worst that will happen is that she will have some vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. A bigger concern is if something that she ate causes an obstruction in her intestines. The main sign to look for in that case is not being able to keep anything down. If she has continuous vomiting and/or is lethargic, I would take her to the vet for abdominal x-rays to make sure she does not have a blockage.

If she does seem uncomfortable, you could give her some Pepcid to help settle her stomach. About how much does she weigh?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She ate it around 9 and appeared to be fine and normal all day. Around 7:30 she had her 2nd feeding and threw it up (spit it up) within 10min. She appeared fine like normal after that. I gave her an apple chunk and water and she appears to be ok. Till now while sleeping threw up some foil. She's sleep again as normal. Before her2nd feeding she went to the bathroom and did number 2.... looked a little constapated and looked like a possible rapper in stool. Should I be worried?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
54 lbs. she's observed weight a litt by 10-12 lbs. begal knock mix ( more terrier looking)

Okay, you can give her 1.5 tablets of 20 mg Pepcid. It might help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you.

You're welcome. I hope she's okay. And if I've been helpful, I would greatly appreciate your 5-star rating. Or, if you have any other questions or concerns, I would be happy to continue our conversation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I make an appointment for the vet in the morning? She seems herself just maybe a litt uncomfortable as her stomach can easily get thrown off. Also, should I feed her as normal or more as she threw her last meal up.

I would withhold food until tomorrow morning. If she throws it up, I would get her to the vet.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thank you

You're very welcome.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian