Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog got into the trash and it seems he ate some used

Customer Question
My dog got into...

My dog got into the trash and it seems he ate some used tampons. He has cushings disease, so he is excessively thirsty and hungry. Right when we came home he peed, and he ate a bowl of food and drank more water

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Brody, 11

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Brody?

He seems to be unaffected! But I’m obviously a little worried

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Brody might have ingested tampons! My main concern is that they will cause an obstruction in his gastrointestinal tract. Signs of a blockage are continuous vomiting and abdominal pain. If you see those signs, I recommend getting him in to the vet for an abdominal x-rays. Hopefully a little vomiting and diarrhea will be the extent of the damage, but do take him in if he's unable to keep anything down.