Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Lethargic, eyes are glazed, no appetite, weight loss, lucy,

Customer Question
Lethargic, eyes are glazed...

Lethargic, eyes are glazed, no appetite, weight loss

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Lucy, 7

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucy?

Licked cleaning products off the floor on monday i think, i just heard her licking the floor at work and it looked like there was left over, sticky cleaning product on the floor

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Lucy isn't feeling well. There could be a number of reasons for her signs, including kidney and liver disease, irritable bowel disease, diabetes, urinary tract infection, dental or arthritis pain. Given that Lucy is only 7 I would not expect her to have chronic disease related to old age. My concern is that licking the cleaning products caused damage to her kidneys or liver, or the lining of her stomach. I would get her in for blood work as soon as possible to find out what exactly is going on.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian