Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a two week old boxer puppy that I noticed around 3…

Customer Question
I have a two...

I have a two week old boxer puppy that I noticed around 3 hours ago was smaller than the other 6 and slightly cooler to the touch. We have kept her wrapped in a warm towel since and tried to get her to bottle feed since we couldn’t get her to latch onto the mother. She wouldn’t take the bottle so we tried a syringe which didn’t work much better. We have called theemergency vet and have followed their instructions on how to keep her warm and how to Feed her but she has since started bleeding from the nose and coughed up blood a few times. The bleeding has stopped now but she is beginning to gasp for air. Is their anything we can do to help her. Our emergency vet said that there is nothing they could do at the office that we can’t do at home. Please help!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?

Nothing that I know of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 1 month ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

I am extremely sorry that I was not online last night and that no other expert chose to answer your question. I just logged on and saw it. Did the pup make it through the night? Do you still need assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. The puppy died not long after I asked. We buried her this morning

I'm so sorry to hear that. It sounds like there wasn't much to be done. It sounds like she either had a severe upper respiratory infection or was injured somehow to be coughing up blood and have it coming from her nose. I do offer you my condolences. People have no idea how attached we become to even very young pups like this.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian