Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog ate vitamin d pills. Pablo, 1 year old. haired

My dog ate vitamin...

My dog ate vitamin d pills

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Pablo, 1 year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pablo?

Long haired daschund, 20 pounds

3/9/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi there, my dog is now vomiting after eating vitamin d pills

1- Was it Vitamin D2 or D3?

2-

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
D3, 5000IU

2- How many pills did he eat?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He just threw up a big glob of the pills
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Approx 15

Is it fair to say you are seeing most of the pills in the vomit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we also saw food came out which he had eaten before. The pills were partially broken down and had clumped together but it looks like his stomach was emptied
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We used a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and then threw up everything, he stopped throwing up now. He seems ok and still has some energy, not sleepy or exhibiting abnormal behavior
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He also just ate a little bit of food and some water

Great, if you saw most of the pills in the vomit this will not be a problem for your dog, he will be fine. Good job making him vomit. Give him 15-20 minutes he may vomit again. Then, feel free to feed him.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

You're welcome. :)

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian