Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Are raw chicken necks healthy as dog food. Spod a 4 year old…

Customer Question
Are raw chicken necks...

Are raw chicken necks healthy as dog food

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Spod a 4 year old Spoodle who loves raw chicken necks

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Are raw chicken necks safe and healthy as dog food

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Raw chicken in any form is not safe.......first raw chicken carries Salmonella bacteria and dogs and people can get sick from this with illness ranging from diarrhea all the way to sepsis or bacterial infection in the blood and death. In addition the bones that are present in these can cause colonic impaction.....and this can be very dangerous and extremely uncomfortable for your pet. I hope this answers your questions but please let me know if you have any additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

I would very much appreciate it if you would rate me 5 stars for my very prompt and attentive service. And do let me know if you need any additional help! You can rate me in the top right corner of the page. Thank you very much! DRB

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. DrB

did you need additional assistance?

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian