Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

About 6 months ago my dog cam in from out side sneezing and…

Customer Question
About 6 months ago...

About 6 months ago my dog cam in from out side sneezing and trying get something up her nose out..She is a 4 year old rot. we took her to a vet and they saw nothing.. gave us antibiotics. seems to get better. but its gotten worse.. need to find someone that will do scoping .she can not breath out of either nostil now.. took her to ucdavis they want*****scan and scope..i dont want ct scan..

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Nala

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nala?

No..she is pretty healthy ..she is a fear bitter..lol but otherwise super sweet.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Chelsea Schwarb,
 replied 3 months ago
Chelsea Schwarb

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed veterinarian. It sounds like you have met with a specialist at the UC Davis vet school. So hopefully they discussed the possible causes of Nala's nasal problems with you. What is your main hesitation with having Nala undergo the CT scan and rhinoscopy procedure? I would like to address your concerns regarding this since I do agree with the recommendations you have been given that this is the next diagnostic step for Nala.

I feel I would like to just find out what is in there before I fork out a 1000 for a cat scan. We don't have money for that. Hate to have to put my dog down but 4000 is out of question. She is doing ok. But just need someone willing to look up her nose.