Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dummy dog ate the blue gel from an ice pack., 3yr, great…

My dummy dog ate...

My dummy dog ate the blue gel from an ice pack

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Frank, 3yr, great dane, approx 150lb

3/8/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, the gel itself is nontoxic, the concern is the plastic which can become obstructed. But, if he did not eat the plastic then it should not be an issue, your dog will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Should I remove water bowl?

Nope, no need to remove the water.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter