Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Well I accidentally dropped him. I don’t know if he is okay.

Well I accidentally dropped...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Well yelps everytime that I try to pick him up and he is sleeping now. He is only 9 weeks old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Rocky

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocky?

He is a yellow lab puppy

3/8/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear Rocky seems hurt. What part of his body did he fall on when you dropped him?

And what kind of dog is he?

His side and a yellow lab

Ok, did you notice him limping at all?

He is not limping

Okay good. If you go over and wake him up, does he wake up easily or does he seem very lethargic and reluctant to open his eyes. If you can wake him up easily, I'm not as worried about any kind of head trauma. Since he's not limping, I'm not worried about a muscle pull, sprain, or fracture. It could be that he just has a little bit of shock from being dropped and maybe some soreness on his side. Worst case scenario is that he has some internal injury. Hopefully that's not the case. I would monitor his gum color (should be pink, not pale pink or white or blue), his activity level, whether he eats or not, and whether there is any vomiting or diarrhea. If he does have any or some of the signs I mentioned, I would get him in to the vet.

Okay thank you for the information.

You're welcome. If I've been helpful, I would greatly appreciate your 5-star rating. Or, if you have more questions or would like more information, I would be happy to continue our conversation.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian