Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have an eight-year-old mix lab Australian Shepherd He has…

Customer Question
I have an eight-year-old...

I have an eight-year-old mix lab Australian Shepherd He has developed what looks like a busted blood vessel in his eye area in the white part how do I treat that

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

He has what looks like a broken blood vessel in his eye in the white part not on the Ratner everything but I took him to the vets over a week ago and I said it should be okay but now it's starting to drip a little blood and getting red all around there what can I do

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He doesn't hurt you just has a little blood around his eye and I just bought it off but I don't want him to lose his sight it seems to be okay just need to know if there's anything I can do or any medication I can put on it cuz a lot of its don't know how to handle that it looks

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Jojo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jojo?

No nothing unusual he's comfortable he still goes out rocks and stuff it's just kind of scary but the blood around his eye

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/8/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me a photo of the eye?

Paul