Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I think he has constipation. Only dribbles no solid turds.

I think he has...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Cavalier King Charles 21 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes a dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Cavalier King Charles's name and age?

Baci 5 yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Cavalier King Charles's name?

Baci 5 yrs okd

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Baci?

I gave him cooked beef and chic***** *****vers when I ran out of dog food with noodles and spinach

3/8/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Baci is not having a normal bowel movement. How long has this been doing on, and is he urinating okay? Also, is he neutered? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I have all the information to be of the most help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
to both questions

Any vomiting?

I would try feeding Baci a couple of teaspoons of canned pumpkin. That may make him be able to have a normal bowel movement. If that doesn't work, I would consider taking him to the vet for an enema. One thing that can cause constipation in dogs is dehydration because it makes the stools hard and difficult to pass. However, being a young dog, I wouldn't expect Baci to be suffering from some of the things that cause dehydration, such as kidney disease and diabetes. So for now I would feed the canned pumpkin and see if it helps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You're very welcome. If I've been helpful, I would greatly appreciate your 5-star rating. Or, if you have any more questions, I would be happy to continue our conversation.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian