Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has these big red spots on his belly and by his legs. Hes…

Hi he has these...

Hi he has these big red spots on his belly and by his legs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Hes 12, Charlie

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Charlie?

He is 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Charlie?

Just found these 2 red spots on his belly by his legs

3/8/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me pictures? :)

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh here they are
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They are more red in reality

Got em

Give me a minute

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Superficial pyoderma (skin infection) secondary to licking

Antibiotics will clear it up nicely but you then need to find out why they started

Can you take him in to be examined- they will get you the antibiotics then

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there anything natural that can take care of it?

Hmmmmmm

I think this is far enough along that antibiotics will be needed :(

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you

Very welcome

Please keep me updated

You can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian