Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has been deteriorating for 4 days, becoming more

Customer Question
She has been deteriorating...

She has been deteriorating for 4 days, becoming more listless and now won't eat. Keeps her head low and stares. Going to the vet shortly, but thought I'd check the internet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Red, female Doberman Pinscher

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Doberman pinscher. What is the Doberman pinscher's name?

Luca

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Luca?

She is normally feisty and "bossy".

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How old is Luca?

Weight loss?

Exercise intolerance?

What is heart rate?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
7 yrs. old. Slight weight loss. Luca is not very mobile today. Don't know hear rate.

Okay

Can you put your hand on chest behind the left elbow and feel for heart rate

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian