Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is three. He’s been getting little lumpy patches on his…

Customer Question
He is three. He’s...

He is three. He’s been getting little lumpy patches on his skin. Some on his are like pink boils/abscesses. On his face and around his eyes. He is a blue Shar Pei.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Max

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Max?

Yes, he ‘s pacing and throwing his head around and up like he sees a bug flying around him.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/8/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Do you happen to have a picture of the areas of skin so I can get a better idea of what is going on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One or two.

You can send as many as you have if you want!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What email do I send to?

You can either upload them to this program using the paperclip icon, or you can email me at***@******.***.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I sent a few pictures of his face.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To your gmail.

Thank you, ***** ***** the pictures. This looks like a skin infection around the eye. Typically in a Shar Pei it is a staph infection. I would recommend starting him on some Benadryl (1mg/lb) every 12 hours to help with the inflammation. He is going to need to go to the vet for some oral antibiotics to get this completely cleared up however.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian