Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is bleeding and horrible diahrrea. Bulldog. Her vagina…

She is bleeding and...

She is bleeding and horrible diahrrea

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Bulldog

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Bulldog?

Her vagina looks swelled but to much for in heat and quit a bit of blood

6 months old female bulldog. Eating, drinking normal temperament is very happy
3/8/2018
Heath Wilkerson

Hi Dr. W here. I'm sorry to hear about this.

So she has bad diarrhea (is it brown, bloody, watery, or cow-paddy consistency?)

And she also has a swollen vulva with blood coming from the vulva? How much blood (1 teaspoon? a cup?...)

Thanks,

Also, what is her name?

Her name is***** diahrrea is cow party. We can't really tell where the blood is coming from. Her entire backside is bloody and some big drops outside on the deck so more then a table spoon less then a cup
Brown in color

Hi it's more common for the blood to be from the diarrhea and not from the vulva. It sounds like she has picked up a case of hemorrhagic colitis.

Normally a short course of antibiotics such as Metronidazole will cure this very quickly.

If the diarrhea does not last more than 24 hours, it may resolve in its own. But if it goes longer than that, it is best to be seen.

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! Please remember to accept my answer, AND RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

Sorry I fell asleep. Thank you

That's no problem, I understand. I hope my advice helped you. I will not get paid for my time unless you give our conversation a positive rating. Could you please rate our conversation now? Thank you

Heath Wilkerson

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Heath Wilkerson