Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

WE HAVE A 13YR OLD LAB WHO IS CURRENTLY ON PREVICOX 227MG 1…

Customer Question
WE HAVE A 13YR OLD...
WE HAVE A 13YR OLD LAB WHO IS CURRENTLY ON PREVICOX 227MG 1 P/DAY FOR HER THROAT CONDITION WHICH IS THE WALL OF LARIX HAS COLLAPSED AND CRUCIAL LIGAMENT AND WITH THE COSTING OF TABLETS FROM OUR CURRENT VET OF $6.50 PER TAB FOR 7 DAYS AND $4.63 PER DAY FOR 30 TABLETS. THEY ADVISED IS DUE TO PRESCRIPTION FEES BEING THE DIFFERENCE. WE HUMANS CAN ARRANGE FOR SCRIPTS WITH 5 MONTHS SUPPLY AT A COST OF $10.00. WE ARE NOW LOOKING FOR ANY ALTERNATIVE TO NICKI'S MEDICATION AT A LESSER COST. WE HAVE ALSO ASKED VET FOR PRESCRYBTION FEE WHICH WAS SAID TO BE $30.00 WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE .KIND REGARDSWENDY AND BILL
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/8/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Chelsea Schwarb,
 replied 1 month ago
Chelsea Schwarb

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed veterinarian. I would recommend talking to your vet about switching Nicki from the Previcox to Meloxicam. Both are NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). But, the Meloxicam is also a human drug so you can likely get it for very cheap. Your vet would have to call in a prescription to a human pharmacy for this for you. You will need to do a 5 to 7 day washout period if you are going to switch the medications. So once you stop the Previcox you have to wait 5 to 7 days until you can start the Meloxicam. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I hope this helps! Please hit accept at the top right of your screen if you are able to.

Dog Veterinarian: Chelsea Schwarb,
 replied 1 month ago

Hello. I am following up to see if you received my message last night regarding switching to the Meloxicam. Please let me know if you have any questions. Please hit accept at the top right of your screen. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much we are talking to the vet to get a prescription
Dog Veterinarian: Chelsea Schwarb,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay great. Do you see the "ACCEPT" button at the top right of your screen?

Dog Veterinarian: Chelsea Schwarb,
 replied 1 month ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about Nicki. How is everything going?

Chelsea Schwarb
Chelsea Schwarb
Chelsea Schwarb
Chelsea Schwarb