Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Good eveninig! my 3 years old 11 lbs morkie get his 2

HI, Good eveninig ! my...
HI, Good eveninig ! my 3 years old 11 lbs morkie get his 2 vaccination in the morning and about 3 pm his started to acting weird ! like shaking than he become very lethargic and he didn't eat at all no drinking and he even refuse treats too ! he does nothing but sleeping and he looks very weak and his very quiet !
3/8/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. It sounds like he is having a bit of an adverse reaction to the vaccines. Usually be the morning, they are completely back to normal. I can give you some advice on what to do tonight, but if he starts vomiting, and doesn't perk up within a few hours, I would take him to the vet tonight if possible in your town.

I would give him Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) tonight. It is an antacid that can help decrease the acidity in the stomach and help with GI upset from a vaccine reaction. I would feed boiled chicken and white rice tonight. It is a bland diet that can help when they are having GI upset from a vaccine reaction and help perk him up some. You can also syringe feed some Pedialyte to help with hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help with appetite if the chicken and rice isn't appetizing. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian
Hi Geza Kozak,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian